Friday, 24 April 2009
Righteous Causes and Liberating Movements
In today's day and age, I often wonder about the existence of the people centuries ago, existence only read in books, about the wonders of their quests and absolution. To be in that era of the timeline of human history surely seems fascinating and exhilarating. So much honour, discipline and integrity in a person’s soul are now just talk of legends. What once was a quality is a weakness today, there are many who would not agree but it is a fact that politeness is considered cowardice, courtesy is considered inferiority, modesty is considered arrogance and silence is considered a loss. If you agree to this then read on, otherwise close this and go on with your daily lives and be lead around like a mindless sheep. We as a nation are very young, our forefathers wanted the impossible and God’s willing they achieved it, in doing so they handed us this country for our future. But we have wandered around like a cow, following the mirages of grassy greens from field to field, but yet to come across a genuine vision. I wish sometimes I was born in year 1910, so at least I would have been surrounded by men and women with just cause in their hearts and truthful conscious in their actions. May be lead by leaders with visions to liberate us and safeguard our future and our children’s future. Those were the ideals to struggle for and may be have the honour of dying for as well. I know in every Pakistanis heart the same dream stays alive to be a part of that era to shape the world around us and to make the world as we see it and the way it is right for all. Sixty years have past, but the fight still remains, we are facing problems of the same nature. Our society has become a class system with Wealth being the classification unit and everything else revolves around that system, from law and order to politics of the highest level. Now I might be wrong in a lot of eyes but if you replace the unit with Religion what do you get? For those who grasped my point will immediately understand what I mean. Yes my friends we had set out to make our utopia and ended up right where it all started. We have been undone by our own and ourselves, we have forgotten the true meaning of being a Pakistani, it is not just a word to symbolize a citizen of Pakistan. But it means I am the descendant of the legends that changed the shape of the world to make it right, make it better, make this soil our home, and our inability to mould this country into an image of their vision is to spit in their faces and call them fools for laying down their lives for something we have forgotten so easily. There is no roadmap to right all the wrongs; it may take sixty more years or even a hundred years to accomplish our goals but it lies with us to accomplish this mission. So I beg of you to grab the opportunities in life to make a difference, hold on to the qualities that make an honourable man, teach yourself and your children the true meaning of being a Pakistani. The day you realize this yourself, like I have, than that day is the beginning for your righteous causes and liberating movements.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment